SOLVED! USB DEBUGGING NOT WORKING in Android Studio. Normally USB DEBUGGING allows the android device to communicate with a Computer running Android SDK to perform advanced options, through a server or drivers commonly known as ADB DRIVERS. Basically, without USB DEBUGGING, you can’t send some commands to your phone through USB.
USB DEBUGGING NOT WORKING
If USB DEBUGGING is not working, then definitely, that means there’s a problem with ADB DRIVERS, or your computer is missing Google USB DRIVERS which can be proudly installed as a package in android studio. Following are steps, to solve USB DEBUGGING NOT WORKING IN ANDROID STUDIO.
- First, make sure your computer is connected to the internet to download relevant drivers
- Also, make sure you have connected your Android device with your computer via USB cable. Turn on USB DEBUGGING from settings on the developer’s options menu. If your phone is missing developers options, watch this video tutorial to fix
- Open Android Studio, then click File > Settings While on the settings search for android SDK manager, click it and navigate to tools; kindly make sure your computer is connected to the internet
- While on the tools tab, locate the Google USB Driver and tick its checkbox to download as shown in the video below
- Now if all goes well, your google USB driver will be downloaded to: C:\Users\your ComputerUserName\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf. Please note AppData will be hidden by default, you will need to show hidden files from the files options as shown in the video below.
- Now, open the device manager from windows settings or by simply searching device manager from your PC. Run the device manager. If you have enabled developers options from your phone and you have connected your phone with PC via USB, you will see ADB INTERFACE Driver as shown in the image below. Please make sure to connect your USB as MTP.
- Right-click on the ‘ADB interface’ and select update driver. From the window popup, Select Browse my computer for device software, Locate and install driver software manually.
- Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
- Select show all devices
- From the next popup, press “Have Disk” to browse for the driver from your computer hard disk
- Select the “Google USB DRIVER” you downloaded earlier from, C:\Users\your ComputerUserName\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf, Make sure you select android_winusb.inf
- Press Okay to install the drivers
- Select “Android ADB Interface” from the list of device types
- Confirm installation of the driver by pressing “YES”
- Confirm installation again by pressing “Install”
- As soon as the installation is completed, press “Close”.
And that’s how to solve USB DEBUGGING NOT WORKING IN ANDROID STUDIO
Video on how to solve, USB DEBUGGING NOT WORKING IN ANDROID STUDIO
My name is Benson Karue, I was Software Engineer Telenet Co LTD before I quit and joined YouTube and Udemy as an instructor. I have real-world software experience and have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Computer Science with 6+ years of coding experience and winning several competitions and coding challenges.